Friday, July 15, 2011

Would it be wrong for a young woman to not invite her in-laws to her baby shower?

I'm not pregnant yet, but one of my biggest fears about it is whether or not it would be wrong to exclude my in-laws from my baby shower (and possible most the baby's early childhood). I do not get along with my husband's mother, step-father, maternal grandmother, and both of his aunts on his mom's side; I have tried, but honestly they just don't like me. I was recently banned from their family functions. So knowing all of this, when I become pregnant do you think it would be wrong if I didn't invite them to my baby shower and made no effort to include them in the baby's life? And would it be wrong if my husband and I didn't actually tell them that we were having a baby and just let them find out from others after the fact?

No comments:

Post a Comment