Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What would be the best way to repair my western saddle?

My great grandmother past away only a few years ago, and we planned to make a trip and bring home her old saddle. the saddle has been in my family for many generations, and it has more sentimental value than what its truly worth. I ride all the time, and I would hope to have the saddle for my own if I properly repaired it. Here's the problem- the saddle has had its better days. Its been worn out, its busted, has had its wool liner removed, the leather on the stirrups are torn away leaving the metal exposed, and it has been sitting on the head of a chair for the past 40 years flattening out and collecting dust, and the leather needs oil desperately. I am craving advice. Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment