Friday, July 15, 2011

What are my chances of getting my visa when I go to my appointment in Ciudad Juarez?

My mom became a US citizen before I turned 21 I am now 24 we came into the country illegally when I was only 3 my dad was a US resident but had his green card taken away shortly after we came because of drugs. He was abusive toward my mom and and left when I was 5. I talked to the lawyer and she said I have a pretty good chance but of course its not guaranteed. She said the fact the my mom became a US citizen when I was under 21 will help and that my dad was abusive because it might be considered that I went through child abuse and we can say that I dont want to be in Mexico because my dad is there and it emotionally hard on me. Which is true. I don't have any kids or husband and the only one that can claim hardship would be my mom as I have no other family in the US

No comments:

Post a Comment