Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sell my house with back property taxes?

My wife inherited the house we live in from her mother. It is in need of desperate repair, foundation leaks, back concrete porch settled badly extreme cracks in the patio concrete, trees need to be taken down. it just needs all around updating and is too much house for us. plus due to physical hardships after her mother died the property taxes are 3 yrs delinquent. we have a year before it is sold by the county or pay the back taxes of 6k by nex aug. plus penalties and interest. is'nt it better for us to just sell it before hand and get something out of it and downsize than struggle with paying the taxes, then trying to fix everything. I have done restoratuion work before and i see it as a money pit. but the only thing that stops me is that it is paid for. I would rather get soemthing alittle smaller for both of us than live in the house where she grew up. She hates living here and I hate the city. OPINOINS?? I know we can sell and the taxes will come out of the profits. I feel it's too much for me to do all this work on this house when there are so many issues. it was built in the 60's and also has a septic system. ADVICE??

No comments:

Post a Comment