Friday, July 15, 2011

Paranoid Schizophrenia?

I have a friend with schizophrenia, and it took her a long, long time to recognise she was ill. So the fact you have so much insight is a really good, positive sign. The best thing you can do is go and talk to your doctor, and they will prescribe the best course of action for you. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but everyone is different and requires different support. But I think you are very clever (you expressed your symptoms clearly and coherently), very brave to come here and look for help and you should be very proud of yourself. I understand you are worried about telling your parents, but please show them your post if you can't say it to them verbally. I'm sure they love you and want to help you. If you are at all concerned about their reaction, then seek independent medical help. Most parents would want the opportunity to support you though. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment